Friday, January 6, 2012

Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)

Well hi everyone, did you miss me? Thought I'd start off the New Year with some information on a revolutionary new treatment that relieves pain by kick-starting tissue repair. It's called Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy, or PRP. This injection procedure employs the body's own blood platelets. The body's first response to soft tissue injury is to deliver platelet cells. Platelets are rich in growth and healing factors, and initiate repair while attracting critical assistance of stem cells. HOW IT WORKS...A small sample of your blood is drawn and run through a centrifuge. The platelets are harvested at a much higher concentration than found in regular blood. This concentrated 'platelet-rich' plasma is then injected into and around the point of injury, flooding the area with 'healing cells' and strengthening the body's natural healing signal. Because it's your own blood, there is no risk of transmissible infection.

Listen...PRP works. I have a rotator cuff tear in my shoulder that was only getting worse. I've had other injection therapies, including steroid injections, but the moment I had PRP, I knew it was working. I could actually feel my body beginning to repair. So if you have any soft tissue injury and feel you've exhausted all other resources, check out PRP. If you don't know where to start, give me a call anytime. Stay tuned, there's a world of information out there, and I'm just getting started. Happy New Year!

1 comment:

  1. PRP Therapy has shown a significant results in healing and that to in sports industry. Not only Celebs but common man is also going for PRP Therapy. It is an alternative solution for surguries and it is cost effective as well.

    ReplyDelete